Monday 17 November 2014

Sharpham Retreat

As part of my convalescence and recovery from Breast Cancer I have just spent a wonderful weekend on a retreat at Sharpham Estate near Totnes in Devon, organised by the charity Cancer Lifeline South West.


I met an amazing group of ladies and came away with many memories to treasure for a long time to come.  Sharpham is such a beautiful place I felt I would like to share some of the photos I took.

I had a room to myself despite it having twin beds, a cot and a rocking horse!! And here you can see the view from my window (not a good photo as it was taken through glass).
Views of the river.  
Sharpham is situated on a small peninsula with the river on each side.

Now you may wonder why I'm sharing this photo, just a muddy bit of river and an expanse of water you may think, but look a little closer and yes there seems to be a stranded shark or fish!  As we are on the River Dart which runs into the sea at Dartmouth, not far away, a perfectly feasible assumption!
But ....... and we were all deceived ....
when I got home and put it on the computer ...... what a surprise!
You guessed it ....... it was just a log!

For those of you who are familar with Handmade Monday I am rather late this week as I was so tired when I got home yesterday I just couldn't manage a post in time but thought I may just manage to squeeze in on the end as I was keen to share this beautiful place with you all.  I did make a start (small start) on designing some crochet squares but more on that next week.

Have a good week folks!


14 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a well deserved relaxing break x #handmademonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did thank you, it was so lovely to be in such a beautiful place and with ladies all in the 'same boat'.

      Delete
  2. I can see how you were mistaken with the log, it does looks like a big fish! The retreat looks so nice and tranquil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, glad to hear your feeling chilled from your weekend away, lovely picturesque surroundings, look forward to catching up xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a beautiful place to rest and recharge, thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really lovely, I like the special touch of a rocking chair in your room, I bet you were tempted! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a rocking horse Clare and a little small for me lol!

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful place! I had to laugh at the 'log fish' hehe, i think anyone would have made the same mistake!

    I'm glad to hear that you are taking time out to aid your recovery, i'm sure its done you the world of good :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am finding it is a long road to recovery but Sharpham is a wonderful place and I felt I made steps in the right direction :)

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful place it looks ideal for convalescing it's alway nice to meet people who have shared the same experiences as you have and I bet that you have made some lasting friendships there. That log does look like a shark I wonder if t was put there on purpose to give that effect. Have a lovely Sunday. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's wonderful that you've been able to go away as part of your convalescing. I'm sure it gives you a well deserved rest and some breathing space. It must also be a great way to share with others who really understand what your going through. Your log had me fooled I was convinced it was a fish. Have a lovely week.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the lovely comments you leave so thank you for taking precious time to do this.