Sunday 9 November 2014

Fungi Foray!

I made a booboo today!  I've just tutored an Introduction to Crochet workshop for 8 lovely ladies and carelessly I forgot to take the camera!! Doh!  I wanted to show you how much they managed to achieve in just the one day.  Unfortunately you will just have to take my word for it.  They were all amazing and I am looking forward to catching up with some of them again on the Follow on Crochet workshop in the spring.

I have nothing new to show you this week as I am still working on the two projects I have on the go from previous weeks and don't want to bore you with ever so slightly different photos, so instead I thought I would share some wonderful pictures of fungi we took on a recent walk around the lanes within walking distance of where we live.






And these are the ones that started it all off!




I love all the pretty shapes you can see when you look at them closely. We couldn't resist them and came across one after another.  Hope you enjoyed them too.  I'm off over to Handmade Monday now, see you there :)

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours and shapes, I love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they were beautiful and so detailed when you looked at them closely.

      Delete
  2. Wow! That is a lot of fungi! And so many varieties! They are so beautiful, their unusual colours and textures. Fab photos, doesn't it feel autumnal now! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the colours at this time of year are stunning especially when the sun makes a fleeting appearance:)

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos. So many different types of fungi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have no idea what any of them are called and needless to say, I touched none of them!

      Delete
  4. so wonderful to see your photos... thanks for sharing! I've been on a real fungi kick the last few weeks. I've gotten books from the library, took hikes just to see some and I'm making some too! I love them, I think they are magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We couldn't believe how many we came across in such a short time, although when I walked up there a day or so ago they had all disappeared!

      Delete
  5. Great photos! I think its been a good year for fungi, i've seen some wonderfully characterful ones too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love to see fungi when we're out and about, really clear photos too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we weren't really looking for them, but once we spotted one we just kept coming across them :)

      Delete
  7. It was great to see the detail on the fungi. Some of the shapes are just amazing. Did you see any fairies hanging about :)
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those fungi photos really pleased me a bit too much. They are great. 'The ones that started it off' are the best. I don't know what they are. They look mandala or doily like to me. The turkey tails look brilliant too. Very healthy looking fungi. I have only seen a few sorry looking specimens locally. Glad your workshop went well too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I have just realised you are the lovely lady who crocheted the fungi. I wanted to add a link to your blog in my post but couldn't for the life of me remember where I'd seen them. Now I've found you, I'll add it here instead http://inthesky1.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/fungus-among-us.html. Take a look folks they are gorgeous :)

      Delete

I really appreciate all the lovely comments you leave so thank you for taking precious time to do this.