Sunday 26 February 2012

Hello Chester!

Hello, hello.  I'm over the moon and really excited. Chester is finally finished! I bet you are all dyeing to see a picture of him?  Well just hang on one minute! I have to get the important stuff out of the way first.

Favecraftsblog are offering the chance to one lucky blogger to feature in their newsletter.  All they ask is for a mention, so please visit their site to see what they are all about  http://www.favecraftsblog.com/about/ and hopefully Chester and I may feature.

Before you have your first peek at the finished Chester, I would like to mention the creator of the pattern.  It was taken from a book called 'Hello my name is Amineko' written by Nekoyama.  My sister-in-law http://www.limegreenlizzie.co.uk/ started making Amineko first of all and this gave me the inspiration to try an extreme crochet version of Amineko.  Hence Chester was born!

Ok!    A drum roll please!    Here he is!  
I am really pleased with him.  He took me long enough!  I've been making him now since Christmas on and off, more on than off really. It took me all day yesterday to add his nose, mouth, eyes and ears. This photo was taken very quickly yesterday evening before we went out. I finished him at 6pm and we were due at friends down the road at 6.30pm.  Not bad timing really!
I think he's going to be quite a character!  
Here are some facts about him.
He's about 6'5" tall!
His legs and arms took a whole single duvet to stuff them!
He's put on weight since I started making him ... his waist is 50" now!
His first journey was rather undignified I'm afraid!  He wouldn't actually fit in the back seat of the car.  We had to put the seats down to fit him in the boot!  

Well I hope you like him and please keep an eye out for him, to see where he gets to in the future.  
If anyone is interested in an extreme crochet workshop, I have a couple going on over the next few months in the Devon area and I would be happy to travel a reasonable distance if a group of you fancied having a go.  Why not email me on alisonjoyw@hotmail.co.uk and have a chat, I'm sure we can arrange something.

One last thing, I am linking up to Handmade Monday over at http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog so why not pop over and see what other craft bloggers are up to.

I'm also linking to http://thirtyhandmadedays.com/ who I recently stumbled upon, so why not have a look at them too?
If you like what you see, why not sign up to my blog, I look forward to reading yours too!

Bye for now x
Happy crafting!

31 comments:

  1. Wow, he is fantastic and about three times bigger than I imagined. I love him. Chester needs his own Facebook page, I hope Taffy loves him too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Chester is amazing! Love the way he sits on the sofa with crossed legs. Shame about the undignified car ride though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chester is brilliant. I agree that he needs a Facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness! Chester is incredible! Talk about a stuffed doll! You did a fantastic job on him.

    Amineko is similar to amigurumi. I wonder how they are related since this doll is also based on a Japanese pattern.

    Thanks for sharing you work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Chester is amazing - huge!! Well done! Mich :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh good grief however did you have the patience he is huge, well done for staying with him

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a magnificat. He is amazing. Well done for making such a gorgeous cat. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness me, he's a big chap. Those are not the words I used when I scrolled down to the picture - those are not printable - LOL!

    What an achievement :-) I just about have the patience to crochet a little flower, so you can imagine my admiration for Chester.

    Alison

    Blue Forest Jewellery

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's wonderful, he's not a stealthy cat though :)
    I don't think I would like to find Chester sitting on my car bonnet.
    A brilliant project, well done.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want a Chester.. he is magical... can you imagine a child finding him sitting downstairs on a sofa for their birthday (or even a middle aged adult)? He looks a very contented cat, no worries about him bringing home little friends and best of all no vet bills... I love him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh he's one big chappie. He wont be able to stalk up behind birds very easily lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Alison, he sure is big but well worth the effort. He is going to need a manager for all his bookings though and maybe a room of his own with a few new garments to wear. He will be a very good listener though and will not answer back, good company i would say, love Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a monster cat! What will you do next, monster mice for him to catch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you to all of you for taking time to leave such wonderful comments. They made me chuckle and smile, definitely worth all the time making Chester. I am going to use him to promote Extreme Crochet Workshops so you never know where he'll turn up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, he is amazing, not to mention huge! Can't wait to see his adventures! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. That made me smile alot. We are mad lot, but I think that puts you near the top of the list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like that! I'm not usually top of the list for many things! Glad it brought a smile to your face, it has given me a lot of pleasure too, both in making him and the lovely comments I've been getting :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - Chester is brilliant, even bigger and better than I had imagined! Think he should be a mascot for the Olympics! the extreme crochet Olympics! You Alison deserve a Gold Medal.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Andrew, what a lovely idea! So far I'm top of the 'mad' list and I've got a Gold Medal! Can't be bad.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did the opposite of what I usually do ;). Check out my blog and click on 'minineko'.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! It's beautiful!! This you make this with big yarn?
    Love,
    Mriek

    ReplyDelete
  22. To Mriek - I'm really pleased you like Chester. I made him with a 12mm hook and 5 strands of yarn at a time. I have posted on your blog too. I have translated it into dutch hope you can read it!

    Om Mriek - Ik ben echt blij je van Chester. Ik maakte hem met een 12mm haak en 5 draden tegelijk. Ik heb geplaatst op je blog ook. Ik hoop dat je het kan lezen!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How great that you visited my blog! :-) I can read English, I'm not good in spelling it, that's why I blog in my native language Dutch :-)
    The Amineko filling the other Amineko is not mine, I found it on internet. You can find the source on the link under the picture on pinterest.
    Is there another big Amineko in the making? In Holland we have yarn wich is for hook 12mm it's called hoooked zpagetti, ever heard of it?
    Thanks for your reaction :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. ES PRECIOSO, ME GUSTA MUCHO TU TRABAJO FELICIDADES

    ReplyDelete
  25. Chester is FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

    wow! way to go to have the patience to get him done.

    must share!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Share away! It is fantastic for Chester to be able to reach so many people :)

      Delete
  26. He is wonderful! I thought my bears were big but nothing like him. What did you use to make him? If I ever get to you side of the world I would so take a class from you on how to make him.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow he is fantastic. I don't know about a drum roll, he deserved the full orchestra.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing! I can imagine him having a picnic party with other friends, or resting by the pool! He made my day, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all the lovely comments you leave so thank you for taking precious time to do this.